As a Senior Software Automation Engineer, you will work collaboratively with software engineering and QA to enhance the automated test and build system for our products. You will improve how we automate and streamline our operations and processes maintaining tools for application build, configuration, release, deployment and monitoring. As a Senior Software Automation Engineer Engineer, you will develop build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Senior Software Automation Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment.
Overall Responsibility for the Senior Software Automation Engineer:
- Improvement, operation and maintenance of existing CI/CD pipeline.
- Continuous improvement, operation and maintenance of fully automated integration and acceptance test environment.
- Manage the build process across multiple platforms: QA/Stage/Production.
- Document and communicate the build and deployment process.
- Ensure high quality deployments.
- Strong understanding of automation techniques and tools related to the SDLC such as JIRA, Jenkins.
- Strong understanding of source control tools along with parallel development techniques and automation.
- Previous experience with an enterprise software CI/CD pipeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Related working experience and 3+ years experience in software development and deployment.
- Experience with scripting and/or programming languages such as Perl, Unix shell, Java.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure solutions identified.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Experience working with server virtualisation (VMware), IaaS and PaaS Cloud (AWS preferred) and hybrid environments
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools – either Chef, Puppet, or equivalent
Who Are the Other Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Software Engineers
- Operations Teams